The Latin American and Caribbean Collection is located on the 3rd floor of Smathers Library (formerly known as Library East) and is accessible by stairs or by elevator.
Library hours – our library hours vary throughout the year.
The Collection is open to the public, but visitors are encouraged to check-in at the LACC service desk so that our staff may assist you.
Physical Address: 1545 W University Ave. Gainesville, FL 32611
Mailing Address: PO Box 117009 Gainesville, FL 32611
Telephone: (352) 273-2745
The University of Florida offers paid parking on campus at the Visitor Welcome Center in the Reitz Union. Other external parking options are also available.
- Visitor Welcome Center Hourly Paid Parking, Reitz Union Garage, 655 Reitz Union Drive
- External Parking
- Stadium Club, behind 1802 W. University Ave.
- Lot across from Library West, 1542 W. University Ave.
Other Visitor Information
University of Florida Lodging
- Holiday Inn (1250 W. University Ave.)
- List of available lodging through the Alachua County Visitors & Convention Bureau (“Come stay awhile” has listings for hotels and bed & breakfasts)