LACC is celebrating Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month this year by highlighting cookbooks in our collection! Food not only brings us comfort, but also connects us to our homes and cultural heritage.
Selected books in the Latin American and Caribbean Collection
The display of cookbooks offers a taste of the extensive cookbook collection we offer. Books currently on display include:
- ¡A comer! : recetario ilustrado de los pueblos del Ecuador
- Cocina al minuto : recetas fáciles y rápidas de hacer con sabor a Cuba
- Cocina peruana
- Fine Haitian cuisine : a broad collection of Haitian recipes
- Frutas de América : tropical y subtropical : historia y usos
- Jerk from Jamaica : barbecue Caribbean style
- Mexican microwave cookery : a collection of Mexican recipes using the microwave oven
- Mi comida latina : vibrant, fresh, simple, authentic
- Puerto Rican cookery
- The pepperpot club
- West Indian cookery
Additional cookbooks in LACC
All books on display are available for checkout. If you’re interested in additional finding additional cookbooks, please visit the cookbook section of the stacks in LACC. Additionally, we encourage you to view our Zotero Library, which is comprised of citation entries for several cookbooks in LACC.
If you are interested in foodways and cultural identity, make sure you keep an eye out for our next exhibit, Taste of Memory, which will be installed in the LACC exhibit space.